Marcelo’s Salon COVID-19 Modified Practices
We have modified our practices to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible. Our practices and policies exceed CDC guidelines and health department guidance. The health and safety of our staff and clients is of utmost importance.
New Salon Policies and Practices:
- All salon staff will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100 or higher will be sent home.
- All salon staff will wear a face mask while in the salon.
- Services will NOT BE OFFERED to anyone who is sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness. If a client has been sick or exposed to someone who is sick please RESCHEDULE your appointment so that it is 7 days after exhibiting symptoms or 14 days after exposure.
- We will not double-book clients unless they are from the same household. We will only see one client per stylist at a time.
- We are not offering services that require blow drying during normal business hours. Clients coming in for any hair service will leave with towel dried hair. The blowing from the hair dryers can spread germs long distances through the air and we feel this is best for everyone’s safety.
- We will sanitize our work space/stylist station after every client.
- All employees will wash their hands between clients.
- We will continue to use freshly laundered capes for each client during their hair service. We will also continue to use clean and sanitized tools for each client.
- Products will be available for purchase curbside should you need to purchase before your next appointment. Please call us at 989.835.3884 for phone orders or email us at email@example.com or message us on our Facebook page.
- We normally run our exhaust fans during services that produce strong chemical odors or fumes. We will now run our exhaust fans during all business hours.
Here’s what to expect when you arrive for your appointment:
- Our waiting area is closed. Clients arriving for their appointments should wait in their car. We will call you on your mobile phone or signal you in when your stylist is ready to begin your service.
- Your stylist will greet you at the salon entrance.
- Clients must wear a mask that loops behind their ears. Masks are required! Should you arrive without a mask, we will have them available for purchase.
- Each stylist and client will practice physical distancing from all other clients and staff. The salon has been reconfigured so that clients and staff can access entrances/exits and the shampoo area and maintain six feet of distance from others at all times.
- Cashless payments are preferred but not required. Our Point of Sale equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- Beverage service will not be available; please bring your own beverage if you will want one.
- Magazines will also not be available.